Saturday 26 June 2010

Recommended Reading For Success

These are a selection of the books I’ve read over time – actually, I acquired the list from my local library but could only obtain the last 6 months or so records. I’m still trying to dig a little deeper to include more, so watch this space.
Robert Ashton / Instant Entrepreneur : the faster way to start-up success
Dale  Carnegie /  How To Win Friends And Influence People
T.Harv Eker /  Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind
Michael Finnigan /  They Did You Can : how to achieve whatever you want in life
Brad Hill / Internet Directory For Dummies – A reference for the rest of us.
Good background reading for those of us that have never quite understood precisely what an Internet Directory was ( seriously !! )
Robert Holden /  Success Intelligence : essential lessons and practices
Tom Hopkins /  Selling For Dummies
Lola Jaye / Reaching For The Starsone of the quick reads for the library as I didn’t feel up to reading a real book that week! I just love this extract from chapter 8 about making mistakes and accepting it…
Lots of times, they’re not even mistakes! Your previous actions weren’t achieving what you wanted so you went a different route that didn’t turn out according to plan. That’s not a mistake. We’ll call it exploration and discovery.

I think that is a lovely passage to read whenever you’ve just put your foot in it again or made yet another faux pas – definitely one for the study wall when I need encouragement ( or forgiveness ).
Susan Jeffers / Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway.
Andy Maslen / The Copywriting Sourcebook 
Paul McGee /  S.U.M.O. ( Shut UP Or Move On )
This book has one of those psychometric tests in it – if  you’re like me, you just love doing these! Here’s my result…( as expected oddly enough ).
Character A – Cheerleader, you scored 39
Character B – Carer, you scored 45
Character C – Commander, you scored 37
Character D – Thinker, you scored 35

Paul McKenna / I Can Make You Rich ( Included is a hypnosis CD ).
Also by Paul McKenna / Instant Confidence ( Included is a hypnosis CD ).

Betty McLellan / Overcoming Anxiety
Anita Naik /  The Little Book Of Self Esteem
Jeff Olson / The Slight Edge
Blaire Palmer / The Recipe For success : what really successful people do and how you can
Adam L. Penenberg / Viral Loop : the power of pass-it-on
Lisa Sabin-Wilson /  WordPress For Dummies
Robin Sharma / The Greatness Guide
Carol Anne Strange /  Start And Run An Internet Business
Mark Victor / The One Minute Millionaire : the story that transforms your life
Mark Victor / Who Moved My Cheese?
Richard Wiseman / 59 Seconds : think a little, change a lot.
And, oh joy! – this has yet another of those quizzes mentioned above -
My scores were thus:
Openness   11, Conscientiousness  13, Extroversion  9, Agreeableness 8,  Neuroticism  4.

That means I’m the absolute antithesis of  my self image – ahhh well, it could have been much worse… ;-)
Let me know if there are any you think I should read and include by leaving a comment.

Thank you.
Hilary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers