Friday 4 September 2009

I thought it would be nice to share with you my experiences at a meeting held by my sponsor, Ann, in the UK, London - this August bank holiday weekend.
We began in the way all the best meetings do by tucking into the food - very good it was too, I may add! This was followed by a photograph session with Ann ( or anyone else for that matter ) along with the chance to make a video.

( You can also see this blog at hubpages.com where you can see the photographs.

The next bit was where we had to start taking things a little more seriously and watch as we linked up with two team members over the Internet: Troy Allen, Sr. in the U.S whilst he offered everyone the opportunity to follow him in his forthcoming Internet marketing boot camp - as Troy is an ex marine, I declined this invitation feeling my mindset was not quite ready for such an attack! I am sure, however, that the opportunity will be invaluable to those who signed up and I'd like to wish them the very best of luck! I cannot divulge too much about this, of course, as it's all still a bit under wraps and the rest of the team will be informed in time.

The second speaker by Internet was Dave Perry from Canada who explained about his course to help with our Google Ads campaigns. Once again, I had to decline this as, much as I like to keep on top of Google , I prefer to practice other more enlightening forms of advertising on a daily basis.

It was reassuring to hear that, despite my being the only one at the meting not to volunteer for either, I would still be seen as a valuable team memer but must, in future, place a regular note of all my achieved goals for the week on the Group Forum. This would allow the more free spirits among us retain a working place within the team!

Having survived said meeting which had followed an entertaining journey down on the train provided by some rather jovial footy fans - apparently, Wembley was going to be busy - I'd decided to take a tour round London on one of the buses the following day. As my return train from Euston was 1pm and I was staying near Marble Arch and the tour took nearly 3 hours, you can imagine this feat was worthy of praise from the likes of Troy The Marine, above. I had to set off for the earliest bus run at 8.25am : probably the best time, in retrospect, because the fumes can sure build up on an open top bus - I would not like to have done this when it was busy!

A trip up The Thames was included 'twixt The Tower and The London Eye. We also went up Fleet Street where we heard little snippets such as where the Great Fire started, a glimpse of Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese ( frequented by Charles Dickens ) and a view of Margaret Thatcher's house in Belgravia. Apparently - I think I heard the guide right - a house here sold for £62 million! Well, something to aim for, perhaps - but not in this week's goals!

Luckily, the sun shone constantly and the tour guide was wonderful. Contrary to popular belief, I found everyone very friendly and helpful and public transport is cheap and an absolute doddle ( compared to Manchester ). Then again, perhaps it's just the experience of sunshine but no rain within a 24 hours period that makes everything seem better, if not quite fascinating. The only downer was the football fans who were in rather high spirits on the return journey.

It was a great weekend and thanks to out sponsor, Ann, for going to the trouble - you could call it, for those reading this 'blog that are already involved in this business, our very own Mini U.K. M2 Conference. Perhaps the company will take note and run one of their own over here sometime. We're a very friendly lot ( especially up 'ere in Manchester ).

Just not while there's a football match on…

Hilary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers